Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Bounty Hunter...............!!!!!!!!




After numerous postponements and delaying tactics… I finally decided to meet up ma kiddo friend whom I had promised to buy drinks provided she does her exams well. … After exchanging almost over a hundred messages and over a dozen phone calls we finally agreed over to watch “The Bounty Hunter” at DT star, Saket, the 12.35 show. Once everything was decided 'twas already 8 in morning and i couldn't resist to catch up wid ma sleep for another half an hour and dozed off. .…. and when I finally woke up and came back to senses I realized that ‘twas already past 10.15am; before I could’ve got up from ma bed I already knew that I m never gonna make it to the 12.35 show and nothing but only a solid excuse can save me now………...


So after a quick fire sms session the we had new plan with everything remaining unchanged apart from the movie timing which was changed to 2.35 and I was supposed to reach there by 1.40. Once everything was finalized I slept for another half an hour ignoring the risk of getting late once again… Thankfully this time I woke up on time……..


The big confusion was how m gonna take this vodka bottle which i had promised her….i was in no mood to carry my backpack and It would be insane to carry the original glass bottle. So I finally decided to pour the 180 ml content of the Smirnoff bottle into the Dew bottle I had n will carry it coolly as if m taking carrying cold drink wimmaself….


As I was on ma way to select City my phone kept beeping wid her messages which contained instructions that what should be my answer to the questions if her dad asks me anything;her dad was coming to drop her. I wonder why was she creating so much of fuss and had to make stories….. I could’ve asked her mom and m sure she would’ve never objected me taking her daughter out for movie not even her dad would’ve objected. …… [They think m a nice guy ;-)]….. But I guess that’s what girls like, complicating things. Finally I reached the spot, 15-20 minutes late and for all that time they i.e. she and her dad were waiting for me in there car…. As I moved towards her car my nervousness kept increasing as ‘twas my first encounter with her dad….I was wondering how he’s going to react and all that stuff….. but he was a true gentleman for sure the way he took my hand between his hands and responded to my greetings and apology for making him wait juzzz swept me off from ground he was so humble....


Moments later I had her daughter’s hand in ma hand and we were merrily walking towards the ticket counter…she had already grabbed, almost snatched the dew bottle which had vodka from ma hands…and took a sip…"I need a bit of pepsi to dilute it…its tooo warm” she said to me smirking a smile at me…"we need to take the tickets first I guess…..”


As I asked at the ticket counter “Two ticketes for the bounty hunter 2.35 show” the guy sitting in that window replied….. “The censor rating for the movie is ADULT so I cannot give u the tickets”. This disgusted me like anything I threw at him my college I-Card and directed him to flip it and see my date of birth in it..and asked him if he is satisfied or he needs a police verification…to this he simply replied and asked “Sir will u like corner seats or center seats”.which slightly cooled of my burning ego ;-)


After finally getting the tickets we both marched inside the mall looking for a suitable eatery where I can get her some cold drink to dilute the vodka…... I finally got her some sprite in a glass & French fries …I took a few sips from so that the glass had enough space to accommodate both vodka & Sprite. I finally poured the vodka into that glass as she kept on looking me gleefully munching those fries. As we passed the by lanes of the mall she kept on munching her fires and gulping the vodka and telling me stories about her friends getting proposals, she getting proposals and how cute I am. The best thing that I remember from that convo was she said whenever you’re around only one songs play into ma mind and that’s “tu hai to dil jaantaa hai…I’ll be all right.”….. This really set up ma mood and helped me in forgetting that ticket window incidence….. Trust me I don’t look like a kid and that jackass ticket executive had some genuinely serious problem with his eyesight.


We entered the Audi with food good enough for as much as four people….. but both of us were hungry souls so as the movie passed on we kept on munching on all that we had bought. She was a bit high I guess although she hasn’t accepted it yet that she was high but I remember her sleeping off on my shoulders few times after the intermission. Sometimes I feel sad for her she is such a nice kid whose sooooooooooo good at heart why the hell she can’t get out of this drinking habit of hers…???? I keep on asking ma self…but I hope she will quit it soon as this drink from me for her came because of a few reasons


1. I had to keep ma promise that if she does well in exam I’ll buy her drinks.


2. Her promise that this will be her last drink before her birthday which is almost 35 days to go and….


3. The threat that if I don’t buy her drink she’ll have it on her own.


There isn’t a question that I’ll let her drink on her own…I won’t let that happen that’s too big a risk for ma kiddo friend.. I don’t want her to land up in any trouble.


After the movie she insisted me for some more beer but this time I refused flatly and dint fell to her emotional dialogues but I had to get her a cigarette to her as that was included in the reward which I had promised her for performing well. I was feeling real guilty when I was giving her that cigarette in the auto as we were headed towards her home…..so to nullify the smoke effect I took 5-6 puffs and smoked almost half the cigarette myself as she took the cigarette. This gave me a bit of peace and a swinging head as am a strict non-smoker….. As the auto zipped through the traffic between saket and Hauz Khas…… she once again slept off for a few minutes leaning on ma shoulders and I kept wondering if I had done anything wrong…???My intensive thought porcess was broken with some wet kisses falling over on my face without warning....obvioulsy from her only......i ain't intrested in autowallahs at all...... :P


Finally we reached the street which leads to her home ….I asked her to blow at me as we reached the corner of the street….. so that I can check whether her mouth still have that stinky odor of alcohol or not… I was doing it the 17th time I guess thankfully it wasn’t …. i had get her enough of food and mint to check out that odor …..and as we stood in front of her house I once again repeated my list of DO’s and Don’ts for her as she kept looking into ma eyes smiling and giggling…and embraced me tight and landed up a few actualy sweet kisses on ma cheeks and...….& rushed towards her apartment signaling me to call her back as I reach my home… …..


5 comments:

  1. choooo cute dear aly!! :) =D
    aaah haaan.....ur a real gentleman...sweetly dropped the girl home safely!! nice.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. & the vodka part is tempting.....
    u cheater.....u never give me such incentives..
    :P lol.... 1 vodka on the rocks when we meet!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. reeti-who is tat lil kiddo friend of urs who give su peck*wink* nd u r a non smoker cool its cool wo bhi pg main reh kar sach hai ya blog par aise hi kuch bhi....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unn hhuunn...u proved to b a gentleman!!
    Dat was ur sweet part!!
    Nd whuz dat frnd??

    ReplyDelete